Cricket, Politics, and Controversy ............



Saturday, April 26, 2008

A confused supporter

I am totally confused on which team I should support in today's IPL game between chennai super kings and Kolkotta Knightriders.


Point no. 1 – I think 'dada' is and will be India's greatest captain ever. Irrespective of what Dhoni has done in the 20-20 WC and in Australia, I think he is over-rated, even if he is not, I just hate him for dropping the senior players from the ODI team. He's no. 2 on my hate list after Yuvraj Singh. 1-0 in favor of Kolkotta.


Point no. 2 – Matt Hayden plays for chennai. Isn't it a sin to support any team that has the “Maa Kee” in it ?

2-0 to Kolkotta


Point no. 3 – Sharukh Khan-Dada vs Srinivasan-Dhoni: I am really not a great fan of sharukh(even if I were, I am not going to accept that openly), but I think he's a very smart self-made actor and entrepreneur. Ganguly is my no. 1 cricketer – for the flamboyance with which he talked back to Steve Waugh, for how he came back after what happened with Greg Chappell and for his strategic skills to make Sharukh pay Ishanth Sharma a little less than a million dollars. Srinivasan is probably as smart, I know he's very very rich and rides in a Bentley to these IPL games. (the less said about Dhoni, the better). Actually, I don't even know why I brought up this point, but for some reason, I am a big fan of the sharukh-ganguly duo. so 3-0 to Kolkotta.


Having said all this - in every argument I have ever had , I have supported the side that has something to do with chennai. I prefer Ayutha Ezuthu over Yuva; I think Big B comes no where close to Rajinikanth; I know that Chennai has the most knowledgeable cricket supporters in India(as opposed to the jokers at eden gardens) ; and most importantly chennai is by far the best city in the world to live in !!!!


so Go Chennai Super Kings.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • 2 queshtins

    why is shah rukh a self-made actor?

    why is matt hayden the maa kee?

    By Blogger Dreamer, at 4:55 PM  

  • the title says it all..I was confused, so I blabbered a little !

    By Blogger Prem, at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home